Sunday, November 15, 2009

76. Screaming Collectible: MACAULAY CULKIN DOLL

After Shirley Temple, Macaulay Culkin was perhaps the most popular and successful child actor in his prime. Who doesn't remember him as Kevin McCallister in the blockbuster 1990 20th Century Fox film, "Home Alone"? As a child accidentaly left home by his family, Kevin thwarted the plans of two intruders who broke into their house with his kiddie capers. Fans around the world lapped the movie up, and sequels were made in succession: Home Alone 2 (Lost in NY), Home Alone 3, Home Alone 4/Taking Back the House. It also prompted toy manufacturers to cash in on Macaulay's unprecendented fame by issuing this " Screaming Kevin/ Home Alone Doll". The doll has a talking mechanism that allows him to talk--"You guys give up, or are you thirsty for more?"/ "I made my family disappear!"/ AAAHHHHhhhhh!". On ebay, I've seen this relatively new doll priced from 2 dollars (used but working) to $25 (mint in a box). I'm glad I bought this doll new in 1991, so that I don't have to scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment