Sunday, July 25, 2010

138. SCOTTIE FIGURINES: Collecting Goes to the Dogs

I've had this pair of black and white Scottie figurines forever! They are made of bakelite and I suppose they are from the 50s or even earlier. Every one seems to love these perky mutts; scottie terrier collectibles are dime a dozen. There's even a famous Scottie in the movie, "The Lady and the Tramp"--Jock, in an important supporting role. Black and White Whisky features a pair of Scottie as their mascots as well. I don't think I'll ever separate these two mutts--they have rested on this dusty shelf for, like 20 years? And if you think I am going to sell these soon, you're barking at the wrong dog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex, I have an identical pair which I picked up over 40 years ago from a car boot sale. The seller told me she got them from a lady who brought them out from Scotland and she had them for nearly 50 years. Mine are Jock and MacTavish

    ReplyDelete