Sunday, June 18, 2017

379. VINTAGE G.I. JOES IN A FOOTLOCKER BOX, 1960s

Opening this 1960s G.I. Joe wooden footlocker box is like peeking into Ali Baba's cave of treasures! This ebay find houses two vintage G.I. Joe action figures, one from the 60s and the other--a flocked-haired Joe--from the 70s decade.
The footlocker doesn't just contain these figures in good condition, but also a stash of clothes, uniforms, and plastic accessories. I really haven't sorted the stuff, but I am sure they will be of use to me later, when I re-dress them.
This is the older of the dolls, and it's a scar-faced brown haired Joe. I need a beret to go along with his outfit. he should date from 1964.
The more hirsute Joe still has his lush hair and beard after all these years. They sold for 34$ which is a steal, considering how Hasbro's 'action doll for boys' has risen steadily in price, with no signs of waning. There's a saying that goes--when you die, God looks not at your medals, but at your scars--and G.I. Joe sure has lots of them! And that's why I collect them!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex. I've been reading your blog because I've always been fascinated with antiques and nostalgia. I'm glad that you've kept this blog alive all these years and it continues to go strong. I am truly enjoying it.
    That doll with the beard brought back some of the best memories of my childhood. I used to own one of those, although mine wasn't really branded as GI Joe (i think) it was still from Hasbro and was branded "Action Man". I loved that toy a lot!
    This was a first issue of that toy:
    http://www.eagleeyesactionstation.co.uk/action-man---adventurer-1st-issue-boxed-blonde-bearded-figure-5167-p.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. G-Switch 2 is an infinite ball that
    you can move over a character pipe that looks like a stick. You can navigate your character by pressing any key on the
    keyboard so you can advance the game. In order to continue to run, you have to go through the obstacles without any
    problems. Remember, this game has no end. Have fun...

    ReplyDelete